NDA Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Result & Cut Off
If you have it in you, which makes you think that you can be an officer in Indian Armed Forces then, NDA (National Defence Academy), NA(Naval Academy) is your first and the best option to get the entry into a prestigious institution. UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts examination twice a year, NDA I and NDA II, to recruit the candidates for National Defence Academy. This article contains the complete information regarding NDA I 2019, like notification date, application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and syllabus, admit card, answer key, exam result, selection process</strong>, etc then without further ado lets begin.
NDA 2019: Notification Date, Application Form, Exam Dates
NDA 2019 II Exam Dates
NDA Exam Dates for 2019 session have been released now. Here we are providing the official dates of NDA 2019:
|NDA 2019 events||NDA 2|
|Notification Issue Date||August 07, 2019|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||September 03, 2019|
|Admit Card Issue Date||August 2019|
|Exam Date||November 17, 2019|
|Result Declaration Date||October 2019|
NDA application form comes twice a year but the process of filling both the forms, NDA (I) and NDA(II), is exactly same. Following is the process:
- Online application from will be available from 7th August 2019 for NDA-II, there is no offline mode to fill the application form.
- Form will be available only on official website.
- Registration will be done in 2 parts.
- Part-I will need your personal details, qualification, photo and signature upload, etc.
- Part-II will be completed only after the application fees is paid which can be done in either mode online or offline. (via bank chalan)
- Candidates have to pay the application fee through debit/credit card and SBI net banking.
- Fee payment can also be done through challan of SBI bank.
- The application fee is 100/-.
- SC/ST candidates, Sons of JCOs, NCOs & Ors are exempted from the payment of application fee.
NDA II 2019 Age Limit:
(For NDA II 2019): Age – The age range for NDA 2 2019 is from 2nd Jan 2001 to 2nd Jan 2004. The actual date of birth mentioned in your matriculation certificate will be taken as final. No other certificate or affidavit will be accepted. The candidates must be unmarried and only male candidates are eligible for it.
- A candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Tibetan refugee who come over to India before 1stJanuary 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
In NDA there are 3 wings, Army, Air Force and Naval, and a candidate can get either of the wing, according to their Subjects choosen in 12th class.
- For Air Force and Naval wing included Technical Entry(10+2), a candidate must have studied Physics and Mathematics
- For Army wing, you have to be 12th pass or equivalent exam from the, ISC or any state board.
- Candidates have to fulfill the physical and medical norms set by NDA and NA (Naval Academy).
- At the end of the selection procedure every candidate must get through the medical test organised by Military Hospital which is the last last stage of selection test.
NDA (II) 2019 Exam Pattern
|Exam Mode and Medium||Offline (Pen Paper Based) in English and Hindi|
|Number of sections||2|
|Question Paper Type||Objective or MCQ|
|Total Number of Questions||270 Questions (120 from Mathematics and 150 from General Ability Test)|
|NDA 2019 Total Marks for Entrance Test||900 Marks (300 Marks for Mathematics and 600 Marks for General Ability Test)|
|Exam duration||2.30 hours (Each Section)|
NDA 2019 was conducted in offline mode and all the questions was of MCQ type. The exam is held in both English and Hindi language. Candidates are asked to attempt two sections- Mathematics and General Ability Test.
Other details related to exam pattern from both the sections have been tabulated below:
|Subject||Paper||Total No of Questions||Duration of Exam||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics||1||120||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||2||150||2 ½ Hours||600|
After qualifying the NDA 2019 entrance test, all candidates have to appear for NDA Interview. Details are as below:
|Second Round||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|SSB Interview||4-5 days||900|
Candidates are advised to go through the syllabus of the examination along with NDA 2019 Exam Pattern. It will help them to have better preparations for Entrance Test as well as Interview.
NDA (II) 2019 Exam Syllabus:
NDA will have questions from two sections mainly- Mathematics and General Ability section. The questions will mainly be asked of 10+2 level. Solve as many NDA Previous Year Question Papers as possible.
- In mathematics, candidates must thoroughly prepare-
- Statistics, etc.
- For general ability section, it is important to prepare well for both the sub-sections, i.e., English and General Knowledge.
- For English section, candidates must focus on grammar, comprehension and reading abilities.
- General knowledge questions can be asked from current events, physics, chemistry, general science, history, etc.
NDA Exam Syllabus
The syllabus of NDA 2019 has been divided into two parts namely Mathematics and General Ability Test. The General Ability Test will contain questions from various topics such as General Knowledge (GK), English, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, General Science and Current Events.
|Sections||Related Topics||Number of questions|
|Mathematics||Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Algebra, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Logarithms and their applications, Statistics, Probability, Vector Algebra, etc.||120|
|English||Grammar and usage, Vocabulary, Comprehension, and cohesion.||50|
|General Knowledge||Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History, Geography, Current Events.||100|
Candidates, who will be shortlisted on the basis of written exam, will be called for SSB interview which will be conducted for 4-5 days. Candidates, who successfully qualify SSB round, will further call for medical test and document verification process.
Given below is the bifurcation of both the sections of NDA Exam. Marks allotted to each section and sub-sections have been expounded below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks||Marking scheme||Negative Marking|
|History, Freedom Movement, etc.||—||80||—||—|
NDA Admit Card 2019
UPSC has released a notification with important instructions for NDA II which is scheduled for November 17, 2019.
The authority will release NDA II 2019 Admit Card via online mode on the official UPSC website.
- Visit upsc.gov.in to download NDA Hall Ticket 2019.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to fill up details like RID, Date of Birth or Roll Number & other details.
- The admit card bear exam related details like students name, roll number, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc.
- Without admit card, candidates will not be permitted to appear in the examination.
Some Useful Tips for NDA 2019 Preparation
Here are some useful NDA Preparation Tips to score better in the exam:
- Be thorough with the NDA Syllabus and exam pattern.
- Do not forget to refer to class 11 and Class 12 NCERT books.
- Practice the basic formulae/ concepts from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Plan a preparation schedule and practice as many NDA Practice Papers as possible.
- In English section, focus on reading comprehension, basic grammar and vocabulary and revise the basic grammar rules from a reliable source.
- Be well aware of current affairs and events that are making news.
- Make sure the political and historical scenario of India is on your tips.
Take help from coaching centers if required, but make sure they hold a good record.
NDA 2019 Result
The result of NDA II 2019 written examination will be released after one month from the exam. NDA 2019 Result will be declared via online mode through the website. The result of shortlisted candidates for SSB Interview will be displayed in PDF format.
Shortlisted candidates are needed to appear for the SSB Interview round organized by the Services Selection Board (SSB) of the Ministry of Defence. After clearing the SSB interview & other rounds, the final result will be declared.
Following are the steps to check NDA 2019 Result:
- Go to the official website of UPSC- upsc.gov.in
- Navigate to “What’s New” section.
- Click on the link stating NDA II 2019 Written Exam Result or NDA II 2019 Final Result
- A pdf will be displayed on the computer screen containing the list of qualified roll numbers.
- Download the pdf file for future reference.
NDA 2019 Expected Cut Off
NDA 2019 Expected Cut off will remain between 340-360 in written test, whereas overall cut off will be in the range of 700- 720. In order to understand the previous year cut off trends of NDA Cut Off, check the table below:
|Year||NDA(I) (Max Marks:900)||NDA(II) (Max Marks:900)|
|2015||306 (With at least 30% marks in each Subject) Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate (out of 1800 marks) 674||269 (With at least 25% marks in each subject) Marks secured by the last recommended candidate (Out of 1800 marks) 637|
|2016||288 (With at least 25 % marks in each Subject) Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate (Out of 1800 marks) 656||315|
|2017||342(With at least 25 % marks in each Subject) Marks secured by the last finally recommended candidate (Out of 1800 marks) 708||–|
NDA SSB Interview
The selection process in the National Defense Academy is a two-stage process. Stage-1 is the written examination i.e. NDA 2019 test and the stage-2 is the SSB interview stage
- The complete recruitment process in the NDA is judged on the basis of marks scored out 900 collectively in both the stages of recruitment.
- After the declaration of NDA 2019 Results, qualified candidates will have to register themselves at joinindianarmy.nic.in within two weeks.
- Allotment of selection centers and dates will then be notified on the registered email ID.
- SSB Interview comprise two stages- Stage 1 (OIR &PPDT) and Stage 2- (Interview, Group Tasks, Psychology Test and Conference).
- After stage-2 is completed, a final merit list is generated by the UPSC which gives the final recruited candidates.
NDA 2019 Document Verification
After personal interview round the eligible candidates will have to appear for the verification round. The qualified candidates must bring the required original documents along with 1 set of Photostate of the required documents at Services Selection Center (SSC).
Below is the set of required original documents to be carried for the NDA 2019 Document Verification:
- Qualification Certificate
- Proof of Identity (Pan card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, etc.)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Category certificate for the Reserved category candidates
- Proof of Residence
Medical examination is the final round in the Selection process. The candidates will be referred to the Board of Service Medical officers by the SSB for medical examination. Candidates shall be deemed eligible for recruitment if and only if they are found to be medically fit by the medical officers.
NDA 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Syllabus, Result and Cut off, NDA Exam Pattern 2019, Syllabus, Marking Scheme- SBP INSTITUTE, NDA 2 2019 Exam Date, Age Limit, Application Form, Exam Pattern, NDA (2) 2019: Application Form, Eligibility, Important Dates, Exam Pattern, NDA 2019: Answer Key, Dates, Result, Cut Off, NDA 2019 Eligibility, Educational Qualification and Physical Standards, NDA Eligibility Criteria 2019, Age Limit, Educational…