Dear candidates, here SBP would like to inform you the most recently declared National Defence Academy (NDA) . This is the opportunity for the candidates who are preparing for National Defence Academy (NDA) . So candidates don’t waste your time and Join India’s no.1 institute for your thoroughly preparation. Here we have implacable strategy for selection. History has been made of giving highest no. of selection in National Defence Academy (NDA) by SBP institute. So candidates start your career with India’s no.1 institute.
Our salient features-
You have watched many of the institutions and most probably some of them would be really up to the standard of your imagination. In this case we want to assure you that SBP will prove itself one of the institutions.
In this age of cut throat competition SBP maintains its dignity.
We have 13 years’ experience in the field of competition.
We have highly qualified faculty with 13 years’ experience of teaching.
We maintain 35-40 strength in class room so that faculty could give proper attention to each student.
Congenial and competitive environment at SBP provides exposure to the students where we focus on personality development.
NDA Exam Pattern 2018 –
The exam pattern of NDA 2018 has been prescribed by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). With the help of NDA exam pattern 2018, candidates can get idea regarding the number of subjects, time duration, total marks and marking scheme. According to NDA 2018 exam pattern, the written examination comprises two subjects – Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT). Each paper is conducted for 2 ½ hours duration. Total 900 marks has been allotted for written examination. Candidates qualifying the written examination are called for SSB Interview. The SSB Interview carries total 900 marks. NDA 2 is scheduled to be conducted on September 9, 2018. Read below for more details on NDA exam pattern 2018.
Highlights of NDA 2018 Exam Pattern
- Stages of exam– The examination is conducted in two stages – Written and SSB Interview. Those qualifying the written examination are called for SSB Interview. Final selection is done based on a candidate’s performance in written examination and interview.
- Mode of Exam– The written examination as per NDA exam pattern is conducted in Pen and Paper mode
- Duration of the exam– The total time duration of the exam is 5 hours. Each paper is held for 2 ½ hours.
- Exam timings– According to NDA exam pattern, the exam will be held in two shifts. Mathematics paper will be held from 10 am to 12.30 pm while GAT will be conducted from 2 pm to 4.30 pm.
- Number of papers – There are two papers – Paper 1 Mathematics and Paper 2 General Ability Test. The GAT section is further divided into two sub-sections – English and General Knowledge.
- Number of questions– Mathematics section carries 120 questions while GAT will have 150 questions.
- Type of questions– All questions in both the subjects will be objective type. There will be four options out of which candidates have to select one as correct answer.
- Language of question paper– The medium of question paper will be in English and Hindi
- Marking Scheme– For each correct answer in Mathematics candidates will get 2.5 marks. Candidates for correct answer in GAT will get 4 marks. For wrong answer, 1/3 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. If a candidate mark more than one answer then it will be treated as wrong answer. If any question is left blank then no mark will be deducted as penalty.
- Total marks– Marks allotted for Mathematics section is 300 while it is 600 for GAT according to NDA 2018 exam pattern. The English part of GAT section carries 200 marks while the General Knowledge part carries 400 marks.
NDA Exam Pattern
|Paper 1||Mathematics||01||2 ½||300|
|Paper 2||GAT||02||2 ½||600|
The SSB procedure consists of two stages – stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who qualified stage 1 can appear for stage 2. The stages of SSB Interview are explained below:
The stage 1 of SSB Interview comprises Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception and Description Test (PP&DT).
The stage 2 of SSB Interview comprises Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
NDA II 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of NDA outlines the topics from Mathematics and GAT that candidates need to prepare for the exam. The syllabus has defined by the exam conducting authority, UPSC. Candidates can check below the topics given in the syllabus.
|Mathematics||Algebra, matrices and determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions, differential calculus, Statistics and Probability, Vector Algebra and Integral calculus and differential equations|
|GAT||English, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events
- ALGEBRA: – Concept of set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws, Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line. Complex numbers—basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations with real coefficients. Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs. Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its applications. Logarithms and their applications.
- MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS: – Types of matrices, operations on matrices. Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinants. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications-Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
- TRIGONOMETRY: – Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications-Height and distance, properties of triangles.
- ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY OF TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS: – Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.
- DIFFERENTIAL CALCULUS: –Concept of a real valued function–domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits—examples. Continuity of functions—examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of function at a point, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative—applications. Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect to another function, derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima.
- INTEGRAL CALCULUS AND DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS: – Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals—determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves— applications. 18 Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of a differential equations, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types—examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.
- VECTOR ALGEBRA: –Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of a vector, scalar product or dot product of two vectors. Vector product or cross product of two vectors. Applications—work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems.
- STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY:
Statistics: – Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution—examples. Graphical representation—Histogram, Pie Chart, frequency polygon—examples. Measures of Central tendency—Mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation—determination and comparison. Correlation and regression.
Probability: Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability—classical and statistical— examples. Elementary theorems on probability—simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes’ theorem—simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
PAPER-II GENERAL ABILITY TEST
Part ‘A’—ENGLISH: The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like : Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part ‘B’—GENERAL KNOWLEDGE: The question paper on General Knowledge will broadly cover the subjects : Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events. – The syllabus given below is designed to indicate the scope of these subjects included in this paper. The topics mentioned are not to be regarded as exhaustive and questions on topics of similar nature not specifically 19 mentioned in the syllabus may also be asked. Candidate’s answers are expected to show their knowledge and intelligent understanding of the subject.
NDA II 2018 Selection Procedure :
After successful submission of the application form, finally, you have to download your admit card from the official website of UPSC.
- Firstly, when you will submit your application form, the confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- After some days, on the above-mentioned date, they will release admit card for NDA II 2018 on the UPSC website.
- To download the admit card NDA 2018, visit the official website www.upsc.gov.in
- Download admit card NDA 2018 Exam.
- Now secondly, you have to appear at exam center on the specified date of the online exam mentioned on your admit card.
- After successful submission of examination, answer copies. The results will be updated on the official website of UPSC.
NDA Preparation Tips
- First of all, make a proper study plan for your preparations.
- Make a timetable and divide time equally for all the subjects.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your studies.
- Prepare from the best books and study materials available in the market or on the internet.
- Practice previous year question papers & sample papers it will help you to get familiarize with the exam pattern.
- While preparing for the exam, never ignore your health.
- Take the healthy and nutritious diet and do meditation & Yoga it will help you to increase concentration.
NDA 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, No.1 Institute for NDA in Delhi, Top 10 Coaching for NDA in Delhi, Best Coaching for NDA, Best Coaching Classes in Delhi for NDA, India’s No.1 Institute.