NDA 2020 Application Form (Released), Dates, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
SBP institute has started separate batches for National Defence Academy (NDA). Here we are not only focus on syllabus but also discuss the strategy to clear the exam. National Defence Academy (NDA) Officers Come Weekly to motivate and guide the students. So interested candidates can join India’s leading institute and make their future bright.
Here SBP institute is sharing information regarding National Defence Academy (NDA) interested candidates can read this before start their preparation.
NDA or National Defence Academy Exam is a national level exam organized by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to recruit candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force. It is a two-tier examination, wherein, candidates qualifying the written test will also have to clear the SSB interview round.
- The eligibility is different for every post, applicants must fulfill the complete NDA Eligibility to apply for the exam.
- Syllabus of NDA exam is based on CBSE 10+2 standards.
- The exam consists of 2 sections- Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Total duration of exam is 5 hours combinedly for both sections.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
- Candidates successfully qualifying the written test would be shortlisted for NDA Selection Process
- Candidates qualify the written test are called for NDA SSB Interview. Final selection is done on the basis of overall performance of the candidate.
NDA 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||National Defence Academy|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Unmarried Male candidates can apply|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
NDA 2020 Exam Dates
NDA Exam Dates for 2020 session have been released now. Here we are providing the official dates of NDA 2020:
|NDA 2020 events||NDA 1 (Released)||NDA 2|
|Notification Issue Date||January 06, 2020||August 07, 2020|
|Application Form Released||January 08, 2020||August 09, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit the Application Form||February 28, 2020||September 03, 2020|
|Admit Card Issue Date||March 2020||October 25, 2020|
|Exam Date||April 19, 2020||November 17, 2020|
|Result Declaration Date||June 18, 2020||December 12, 2020|
NDA 2020 Eligibility criteria
There are various parameters on the basis of which the candidates’ eligibility is checked so that they can appear for the exam and eligible for the further procedure.
As per the nationality standards set by UPSC for NDA 2020, Candidates must have:
- Indian Citizenship or should be
- Subject of Bhutan
- Subject of Nepal
- Tibetan refugee who came to India prior to January 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A PIO (Person of Indian Origin) who has come back from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention to get settled down permanently in India.
- Only unmarried male candidates, who are not born earlier than July 2, 2000 and not later than July 1, 2003 are eligible to appear for NDA 2020 conducted by UPSC.
- Candidates should enter their Date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University.
- For Army wing
Candidates must have passed class 12 or cleared equivalent examination of the State board to be eligible for NDA 2020.
- For Air Force or Naval wings and for 10+2 Cadet entry scheme at the Indian Naval Academy
Candidates must have passed 12th class with Physics and Mathematics as subjects or cleared equivalent examination of the State board to be eligible for NDA 2020.
Candidates who are appearing in 12th class or equivalent examination of the State board are also eligible for NDA 2020.
NDA Application Form 2020
NDA application form has been released on January 6, 2020. The forms will be filled in online mode only. There are some points that the candidates need to keep in mind while registering for NDA 2020:
- Fill in the information carefully as no changes will be allowed to be made thereafter.
- All the necessary scanned copies of the documents should be in access while registering for the test.
- Note down the registration number once you have registered successfully.
- You must not send any printed form to the UPSC.
The fee for NDA Application Form 2020 is INR 100/- (except for SC/ST candidates/Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs). Candidates of reserved categories are exempted from paying any fee for the registration. Payment of fee can be done offline by paying cash in any State bank branch and offline as well by Credit or Debit card or through Net banking.
NDA Admit Card 2020
UPSC will released a notification with important instructions for NDA which will scheduled for November 17, 2020.
The authority will release NDA 2020 Admit Card via online mode on the official UPSC website.
- Visit upsc.gov.in to download NDA Hall Ticket 2020.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to fill up details like RID, Date of Birth or Roll Number & other details.
- The admit card bear exam related details like students name, roll number, exam centre, exam date & timing, etc.
- Without admit card, candidates will not be permitted to appear in the examination.
How to Download NDA 2020 Admit Card
To download follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of UPSC.
- A link for NDA 2020 Admit Card Download will be provided, click on it.
- You must enter registration number/ roll number along with password and captcha code.
- Click on submit, the admit card will appear on the screen.
- Check all the details carefully and download multiple copies of it.
NDA 2020 Exam Centers
In the official notification for NDA 2020, UPSC had listed 41 exam centers where the exam is scheduled to be held. While filling NDA Application Form, candidates have to mention their preferences from the drop-down menu. Candidates have to make 3 choices out of the given 41 centre options.
- The number of candidates that can choose a specific examination centre is limited
- NDA exam centres will be allotted to candidates on first-come-first-serve basis
- Once a centre has reached its capacity, candidates will not be able to select that particular centre and should opt for other centres nearby
- Seat limits have not been imposed on the following exam centres – Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur
- UPSC will not accept request to make changes in exam centres
|12||Delhi||National Capital Territory of Delhi|
|20||Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
|31||Port Blair||Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|37||Srinagar||Jammu and Kashmir|
NDA 2020 Exam Pattern
NDA 2020 will be held in offline mode on November 17, 2020. The test has two sections- Mathematics (300 marks) and General Knowledge (600). The time duration for each paper is 2 hours and 30 minutes. The following table has further information regarding duration, number of sections, and number of questions:
How to Choose NDA Exam Centers 2019 ?
NDA II Application Form 2019 can be filled at upsc.gov.in. NDA 2019 Registration will be done in two parts.
- In the registration Part I, candidates have to fill their personal, qualification, communication & other required details.
- After completing Part I, candidates will receive the registration number. In the Part II of the registration, candidates have the option to select the exam centers.
- Select exam centre for NDA 2019 Exam from the given list of cities.
- Give up to three preferences, keeping in mind the nearest cities.
- Allotment of the examination centers will be done on the first-apply-first-allotment basis.
- After selecting the exam centers, make payment and upload their recent photograph and signature.
NDA Exam Center Instructions
- Candidates will be allotted NDA 2019 Exam Centres on first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen.
- Applicants, who cannot get an exam centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose an exam centre from the remaining ones.
- Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the NDA Exam Centres 2019 except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur.
- Candidates can select three exam centres of their choice while applying for NDA & NA 2019.
- Applicants will have to enter the preferences of exam centres in NDA 2019 Application Form.
- Aspirants will have to appear for the written exam at the NDA Exam Centres 2019 allotted by UPSC. The name of the exam centres will be mentioned in the Admit Card.
- Candidates should reach the exam centre at least 1 hour before the reporting time along with NDA Admit Card and identity proof.
- No request for change in the NDA Exam Centres 2019 will be entertained once it is allotted.
Exam Pattern Highlights
|NDA 2020||Mathematics||General ability test|
|Exam Duration||2 hours and 30 minutes||2 hours and 30 minutes|
|No. of sections||1||2 (English and General Knowledge)|
|Total no. of questions||120||150|
|Total marks||300||600 (English (200) + GK (400))|
|Marking scheme||2.5 for correct and -0.83 for incorrect||4 for correct and -1.33 for incorrect|
|Medium||English and Hindi||English for English section. English and Hindi for GK section|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
The general knowledge section of the NDA 2020 consists of the following topics:
- Physics (100 marks)
- Chemistry (60 marks)
- General Science (40 marks)
- History and Freedom Movement (80 marks)
- Geography (80 marks)
- Current Events (40 marks)
NDA 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for NDA 2020 written test will comprise two sections- Mathematical Ability and General Ability. The questions in NDA 2020 will be asked from topics and concepts of 10+2 level. Following are the topics from Mathematical Ability and General Ability sections covered as a part of NDA 2020 Syllabus.
NDA Syllabus for Mathematical Ability
|NDA Syllabus for Mathematics|
|Algebra||Matrices and Determinants|
|Trigonometry||Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions|
|Differential Calculus||Integral Calculus and Differential Equations|
|Vector Algebra||Statistics and Probability|
NDA Syllabus for General Ability
Topics from the English and General Knowledge will be covered in General Ability section of NDA 2020. General Knowledge will comprise of the following:
|NDA Syllabus for General Ability|
Some Useful Tips for NDA 2020 Preparation
Here are some useful NDA Preparation Tips to score better in the exam:
- Be thorough with the NDA Syllabus and exam pattern.
- Do not forget to refer to class 11 and Class 12 NCERT books.
- Practice the basic formulae/ concepts from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Plan a preparation schedule and practice as many NDA Practice Papers as possible.
- In English section, focus on reading comprehension, basic grammar and vocabulary and revise the basic grammar rules from a reliable source.
- Be well aware of current affairs and events that are making news.
- Make sure the political and historical scenario of India is on your tips.
Take help from coaching centers if required, but make sure they hold a good record.
NDA 2020 Answer Key
NDA 2020 Answer key will be out after the commencement of the exam. The official answer key will be released soon after the exam is conducted. However, various leading NDA Coaching institutes will release the answer keys with correct answers to every question.
The steps to download NDA 2020 Answer Key are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UPSC
- Navigate to ‘NDA 2020 Answer Key’ link
- Download the answer key as per your question paper set (A, B, C or D).
- Click on it and download the answer key for future reference.
NDA 2020 Result
The result of NDA 2020 written examination will be released on May 19, 2020 (Tentative). NDA 2020 Result is declared via online mode through the website. The result of shortlisted candidates for SSB Interview will be displayed in PDF format.
Shortlisted candidates are needed to appear for the SSB Interview round organized by the Services Selection Board (SSB) of the Ministry of Defence. After clearing the SSB interview & other rounds, the final result will be declared.
Following are the steps to check NDA 2020 Result:
- Go to the official website of UPSC- upsc.gov.in
- Navigate to “What’s New” section.
- Click on the link stating NDA 2020 Written Exam Result or NDA 2020 Final Result
- A pdf will be displayed on the computer screen containing the list of qualified roll numbers.
- Download the pdf file for future reference.
NDA SSB Interview
The selection process in the National Defense Academy is a two-stage process. Stage-1 is the written examination i.e. NDA 2020 test and the stage-2 is the SSB interview stage
- The complete recruitment process in the NDAs judged on the basis of marks scored out 900 collectively in both the stages of recruitment.
- After the declaration of NDA 2020 Results, qualified candidates will have to register themselves at joinindianarmy.nic.in within two weeks.
- Allotment of selection centers and dates will then be notified on the registered email ID.
- SSB Interview comprise two stages- Stage 1 (OIR &PPDT) and Stage 2- (Interview, Group Tasks, Psychology Test and Conference).
- After stage-2 is completed, a final merit list is generated by the UPSC which gives the final recruited candidates.
NDA 2020 Document Verification
After personal interview round the eligible candidates will have to appear for the verification round. The qualified candidates must bring the required original documents along with 1 set of Photostate of the required documents at Services Selection Center (SSC).
Below is the set of required original documents to be carried for the NDA 2020 Document Verification:
- Qualification Certificate
- Proof of Identity (Pan card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, etc.)
- Birth Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
- Category certificate for the Reserved category candidates
- Proof of Residence
Medical examination is the final round in the Selection process. The candidates will be referred to the Board of Service Medical officers by the SSB for medical examination. Candidates shall be deemed eligible for recruitment if and only if they are found to be medically fit by the medical officers.
NDA 2020: Application Form (Released), Dates, Pattern, NDA 2020 Application Form (Released), Registration – Apply, NDA 2020 Application Form (Released)- Apply online at upsc, NDA 2020 Application Form , Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, NDA 2020: Application Form(Available), Eligibility Criteria, NDA (I) 2020: Application Form (Announced), Eligibility, NDA Registration, Application Form 2020 (Out) – Apply Online…