NDA 2018: Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
Dear candidates, here SBP would like to inform you the most recently declared NDA This is the opportunity for the candidates who are preparing for NDA So candidates don’t waste your time and Join India’s no.1 institute for your thoroughly preparation. Here we have implacable strategy for selection. History has been made of giving highest no. of selection in NDA by SBP institute. So candidates start your career with India’s no.1 institute.
Our salient features-
You have watched many of the institutions and most probably some of them would be really up to the standard of your imagination. In this case we want to assure you that SBP will prove itself one of the institutions.
In this age of cut throat competition SBP maintains its dignity.
We have 13 years’ experience in the field of competition.
We have highly qualified faculty with 13 years’ experience of teaching.
We maintain 35-40 strength in class room so that faculty could give proper attention to each student.
Congenial and competitive environment at SBP provides exposure to the students where we focus on personality development.
NDA (I) 2018 Application Form has been released on 15th January 2018. NDA 2018 examination is a gateway for those candidates seeking for entry in Defence Forces like Army, Navy and Air Force. NDA exam is a national level examination, which is organized two times in a year, i.e. NDA I and NDA II. A large number of students appear in the NDA exam to secure their career in Indian Defence Services. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the NDA exam in various cities across the country. NDA 2018 Exam Schedule for Paper-I & Paper-II has been released now. Here we are providing details about NDA 2018 examination including application form, eligibility, exam dates, etc.
NDA Exam Dates
NDA Exam Dates for 2018 session have been released now. NDA 2018 Exam Schedule for Paper-I & Paper-II has been released now. Here we are providing the official dates of NDA 2018:
Exam Dates for NDA (I) 2018:
|Notification published||15th January 2018|
|Application form available||15th January 2018|
|Last date for filling the application||5th February 2018 (6:00 PM)|
|Admit card announced||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||22nd April 2018|
|Result announcement||May 2018|
Exam Dates for NDA (II) 2018:
|Notification published||6th June 2018|
|Application form available||6th June 2018|
|Last date for filling the application||2nd July 2018|
|Admit card announced||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|Exam date||9th September 2018|
|Result announcement||October 2018|
NDA Application Form 2018
- NDA 2018 Application Form has been released via online mode from 15th January 2018(for NDA-I) & 6th June 2018 (for NDA-II).
- There is no offline application form available for NDA exam.
- NDA Registration 2018 will be done in two parts.
- In the registration part-I, candidates have to fill their personal, qualification, communication & other required details.
- After completing part-I, candidates will receive the registration number.
- In the registration part-II, students have to select the exam centers and make the fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
- Accept the declaration and take the printout of the filled application form for further use.
- There is no need to send the printout of the application form to the authority.
- The application fee will be Rs. 100/- for general & OBC students.
- SC/ST candidates and wards of NCOs/ JCOs/ORs are not required to pay any application fee.
- The fee payment can be done via online mode (VISA/Master/Debit Card and Net banking).
- In offline mode, payment can be done through e-challan of SBI Bank.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India, a subject of Nepal, a subject of Bhutan or
- An Indian origin person who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and East African Countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India before the 1st January 1962.
- Martial Status & Gender:Only unmarried male candidates can apply for this exam.
- NDA-I Age Limit:students must have born between 2nd July 1999 to 1st July 2002.
- NDA-II Age Limit:Candidates should have born between 2nd January 2000 to 1st July 2003.
- For Army Wing:candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam organized by the State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval of NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy:students should have cleared the 12th or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics subjects.
- Students should be medically fit as per the norms set by National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
- Candidates have to go through the medical examination organized by the Military Hospital after being recommended at the SSB.
NDA Exam Pattern
The exam pattern details are given here:
- Type of Question:There will be objective type questions asked in the examination.
- Exam Mode:The exam will be conducted through pen and paper-based mode.
- Exam Duration:Two and half hour duration will be given for Code 1 and Code 2.
- Section:The exam will consist of two sections like Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- Language:The question paper will be asked in bilingual, i.e. English & Hindi only.
- Negative Marking:There will be negative marking done for wrong answers.
|Mathematics||1||2 ½ Hours||300|
|General Ability Test||2||2 ½ Hours||600|
- Before preparing for the examination, candidates should gather all the details regarding officially prescribed syllabus.
- The syllabus has been divided into two sections, i.e. Mathematics & General Ability Test.
- The mathematics section will contain topics like Trigonometry, Differential Calculus, Algebra, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Statistics, Probability, Vector Algebra, etc.
- The general ability section is divided into two parts, i.e. English and General Knowledge.
NDA Preparation Tips
- First of all, make a proper study plan for your preparations.
- Make a timetable and divide time equally for all the subjects.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your studies.
- Prepare from the best books and study materials available in the market or on the internet.
- Practice previous year question papers & sample papers it will help you to get familiarize with the exam pattern.
- While preparing for the exam, never ignore your health.
- Take the healthy and nutritious diet and do meditation & Yoga it will help you to increase concentration.
NDA Admit Card 2018
- The authority shall release the NDA 2018 Admit Card via online mode.
- Students can get their admit card via online mode through the website.
- To download the admit card, candidates have to fill up details like RID, Date of Birth or Roll Number & other details.
- Candidates note down the NDA hall ticket will not be sent by post.
- The admit card bear exam related details like students name, roll number, exam center, exam date & timing, etc.
- Without admit card, candidates will not be permitted to appear in the examination.
NDA Answer Key 2018
- The answer key will be published within a week after the examination.
- Candidates can view the answer key through the website.
- The NDA 2018 answer key will contain all the answers of those questions asked in the examination.
- With the help of answer key, candidates will get a rough idea about how much they are going to score in the examination.
NDA Result 2018
- The result of NDA written examination will be released after one month of the exam.
- The NDA 2018 resultwill be declared via online mode through the website.
- The result of shortlisted candidates for SSB Interview will be displayed in PDF format.
- Shortlisted candidates are needed to appear for the SSB Interview round organized by the Services Selection Board (SSB) of the Ministry of Defence.
- After clearing the SSB interview & other rounds, the final result will be declared.
NDA Selection Process
The NDA selection process has been divided into sections, i.e. SSB Interview & Medical Examination. The detailed process is mentioned below:
- After qualifying the written examination, candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview round.
- Candidates have to appear for the SSB Interview on the date & time given in the call letter.
- The SSB interview round will be conducted in two stages over five days.
- Stage 1 will comprise of OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- Stage 2 will have Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Psychology Tests, Interview & Conference.
Medical Examination & Document Verification:
- Candidates have to bring their original 10+2 or equivalent exam certificates to the Service Selection Board.
- Documents will be verified after clearing the SSB Interview round.
- Original documents will be returned to candidates after document verification process.
- After clearing the SSB round, shortlisted candidates have to go through the medical test.
- The medical test will be organized over three to five days.
- After the medical test, a final merit list of selected candidates for NDA will be released.
NDA Syllabus 2018
Before start NDA preparation, it is very important to introduce yourself with the overall syllabus from where the questions will be raised. The NDA Exam pattern comprises of Mathematics subject and General Ability. Below we have mentioned the detailed UPSC NDA Syllabus 2018.
The Mathematics paper covers the following chapters and topics:
Trigonometry: Trigonometrical ratios,properties of triangles, Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians, Inverse trigonometric functions, Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae, Applications – Height and distance, Multiple and Sub-multiple angles.
Algebra: Complex numbers – basic properties, modulus, Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa, Arithmetic, argument, cube roots of unity, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs, Representation of real numbers on a line, Binary system of numbers, Binomial theorem and its application, Quadratic equations with real coefficients, Permutation and Combination, Logarithms and their applications.
Differential Calculus: Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications, increasing and decreasing functions, Continuity of functions – examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions, Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima, Concept of a real valued function – domain, range and graph of a function, Notion of limit, Standard limits – examples, geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications, Derivative of a function at a point, Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function and Second order derivatives.
Vector Algebra: Vectors in two and three dimensions, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors, Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems, magnitude and direction of a vector, Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, Vector product and cross product of two vectors.
Integral Calculus and Differential equations: Integration by substitution and by parts, trigonometric, Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples, exponential and hyperbolic functions, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types – examples, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, Evaluation of definite integrals – determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves – applications, General and particular solution of a differential equation, Integration as inverse of differentiation, Application in problems of growth and decay.
Matrices and Determinants: Types of Matrices, Determinant of a matrix, adjoin and inverse of a square matrix, operations on matrices, Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method, basic properties of determinant.
Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions: Distance formula, Equation of a circle in standard and in general form, Ellipse and hyperbola, Angle between two lines, Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system, Equation of a line in various forms, Standard forms of parabola, Distance of a point from a line, Eccentricity and axis of a conic.
Point in a three-dimensional space, distance between two points, Equation of a plane and a line in various forms, Equation of a sphere, Direction Cosines and direction ratios, angle between two lines and angle between two planes.
Statistics: Frequency distribution, Classification of data, cumulative frequency distribution – examples Graphical representation – Histogram, Measures of Central tendency – mean, median and mode, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon – examples, Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison, Correlation and regression.
Probability: outcomes and associated sample space, Binomial distribution, Random experiment, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, Bayes’ theorem – simple problems, impossible and certain events, Complementary, elementary and composite events, Union and Intersection of events, Definition of probability – classical and statistical – examples, Conditional probability, Random variable as function on a sample space, Elementary theorems on probability – simple problems, Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution.
General Ability Syllabus
The general ability section comprises of two parts which are mentioned below:
English: The English syllabus covers the topics like vocabulary, Grammar and usage, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
General Knowledge: The question paper comprises of general knowledge and covers the subjects that include Physics, Chemistry, Social Studies, General Science, Geography and Current Events.
Section A – Physics
Motion of objects, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Velocity and Acceleration, Power and Energy, Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments, Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses, Simple Pendulum.
Simple Pulleys, Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer, Effects of Heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat, Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses. Human Eye, Static and Current Electricity, Measurement of temperature and heat, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
Section B – Chemistry
Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon-Di-oxide, Oxidation and Reduction, Material used in the preparation of substances like soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder, Carbon – different forms, Physical and Chemical changes. Symbols, Formulas and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water, Acids, bases and salts, Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial, Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
Section C – General Science
Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues, Constituents of food, Balanced Diet, Achievements of Eminent Scientists, Difference between the living and non-living, Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs, Food – Source of Energy for man, Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals, Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention, The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
Section D – History
Freedom Movement in India, Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi, A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation, Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India, Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration, Panchayati Raj, Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence, French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution, Impact of Science and Technology on Society, Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy, Socialism and Communism, Co-operatives and Community Development, Role of India in the present world.
Section E – Geography
Origin of Earth, Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes, Atmosphere and its composition, Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Rocks and their classification, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones, Humidity, Condensation and Precipitation, Major Natural regions of the World, Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India. Main items of Imports and Exports of India, Types of Climate, The Earth, its shape and size, Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time, International Date Line, Movements of Earth and their effects, Ocean Currents and Tides, Regional Geography of India – Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources, location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
Section F – Current Events
Current important world events, Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years, prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
It is not compulsory that the topics mentioned above will surely come in the examination. The question paper does not remain consistent, it changes every year. It may happen that the question paper will consists of the topic not discussed here.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Question: How can I apply for NDA exam?
Answer: You can apply for the NDA exam via online mode through the website.
Question: Can a girl candidate apply for NDA exam?
Answer: No, only male candidates can apply.
Question: What is the application fee for SC candidates?
Answer: SC candidates are exempted from the application fee.
Question: What is the procedure for selection in NDA?
Answer: First, you have to clear written examination. Shortlisted candidates are needed to go through the SSB interview round and medical examination for final selection.
Question: What is the eligibility criteria for NDA exam?
Answer: You can check the eligibility criteria from the above given section.
Question: Is there any negative marking in NDA exam?
Answer: Yes, there will be negative marking for wrong answers.
Question: What is the syllabus for NDA examination?
Answer: You can check the detailed syllabus from the above given
Question: Is there any attempt limit in the NDA exam?
Answer: There is no attempt limit, you can apply for the NDA exam till you meet the other eligibility criteria.
Question: What are the documents required to upload in the NDA application form?
Answer: You have to upload the scanned images of photograph and signature.
Question: It is necessary to send the printed application form to the authority?
Answer: Not necessary.
NDA 2018 Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus 2018, Best Coaching for NDA, No.1 Institute for NDA, Top 10 Coaching Classes for NDA in Delhi, NDA Course 2018, Nda Notification 2018, Delhi’s No.1 Institute for NDA, India’s No.1 Institute for NDA in Delhi, What is NDA 2018, Nda Top Most Institute for SBP Institute, NDA 2018 Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus 2018.