CTET Application Form 2019 (Available), Registration Dates and How to Apply?
CTET (Central Teaching Eligibility Test) is a national level examination conducted to certify eligibility of candidates to be appointed as teachers at Primary and Upper Primary level. It is conducted twice a year in July and December. CTET 2019 December Exam will be held on December 8, 2019
- Candidates must fulfil CTET Eligility Criteria laid down by CBSE.
- The exam is conducted in two papers. Paper 1 is to become primary teacher while Paper 2 is to become elementary teacher.
- The syllabus includes Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1 and 2, Social Studies, Environmental Studies, Mathematics and Science.
- Owing to the boost in number of registrations in July session, CBSE has decided to conduct the exam in 110 cities across India.
- The qualifying marks in CTET is 60% for General category and 55% for reserved category candidates.
- Candidates scoring more than 60% marks in Paper 1 or Paper 2 will be awarded with CTET Eligibility Certificate.
CTET 2019 July session was held on July 7, 2019 in 97 cities across India. A record 23 lakh candidates took the exam, out of 29,22,227 registered applicants.
Highlights of CTET 2019
|Exam Name||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET)|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
|Purpose||Selection of Primary and Elementary Teachers in Central Government Schools|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours 30 minutes (each paper)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Language Medium||English and Hindi|
CTET 2019 Exam Dates
As per the CBSE notification regarding CTET 2019, the schedule of exam will be as follows:-
|Event||Date (December Session)|
|CTET Online Application Form available from||August 19 – September 18, 2019|
|CTET Application Fee can be paid upto||September 23, 2019 (Before 03.30 PM)|
|Availability of CTET Admit Card||November 10, 2019 (tentative)|
|CTET 2019 Exam Date||December 8, 2019|
|CTET Result Declaration||January 15, 2020 (tentative)|
|CTET 2019 Certificates’ Dispatch||February, 2020|
Who Can Apply for CTET 2019?
Aspirants are required to check CTET Eligibility before applying for the exam. Candidates belonging to the reserved categories will be provided with a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks in the academic eligibility of CTET. Detailed eligibility criteria for Primary stage and Elementary stage are different. They are as follows:
CTET Eligibility for Paper I
- Candidate must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Also, he/she must have passed or appearing in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education
- Applicants must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% marks.
- He/she must have passed or appear in final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002.
- Aspirants must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- They must also pass or appear in final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Candidates must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Alog with it, they must have a pass certificate of 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education)*.
- Graduation degree in relevant discipline must be acquired.
- A certificate of two year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
CTET Eligibility for Paper II
- A graduate degree in relevant discipline must be obtained.
- Also, candidate must have passed or appear in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education (by whatever name known).
- A bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks must be acquired.
- Aspirants must have completed 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed).
- Graduation with at least 45% marks must be done in relevant discipline.
- He/she must also complete a year in Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard.
- Candidates must pass Senior Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks
- Also, they must have either passed or appearing in final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Candidates must have passed senior secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks.
- Along with it, they must have passed or should be appearing in final year of 4- year B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed.
- Aspirants must have done graduation with at least 50% marks.
- Also, they should have passed or appearing in 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education)*.
How to Fill CTET 2019 Application Form?
CTET 2019 Application Form can be filled via online mode only. The last date to apply for the exam is September 18, 2019. The online application process includes filling the form, uploading of documents, payment of fees and printing the confirmation page.
Steps to fill CTET 2019 Application Form are given below:
Step 1 – Filling Application Form
- Visit the official website, ctet.nic.in
- Click on “Apply for CTET 2019”
- Enter personal details in the form, as mentioned in the class 10 certificate.
- Choose any 3 exam centers, preferred language and paper option
- Fill academic, communication and other required details and enter security text.
Step 2 – Uploading Photograph and Signature
- Once done, upload the photograph in the prescribed format and in jpeg format.
- Upload the signature in jpeg format.
Step 3 – Paying CTET Application Fee
- After the uploading of images, automatically redirected to the fee payment page
- Choose the payment option; whether online or through e-challan
- For online payment, select payment gateway (debit card/credit card/net banking)
- For offline payment, download the e-challan and deposit the fee in Canara Bank or Syndicate Bank.
Step 4 – Print Confirmation Page
- A preview of the final page will be displayed on the screen.
- Print it for a record and future processes.
- Hard copy must not be sent to CTET office.
CTET Application Fee
- Candidates can make the payment by both online and offline modes.
- Applicants can refer to the below mentioned fee according to the category they belong to.
|Only Paper 1 or Paper 2||INR 700||INR 350|
|Both Papers||INR 1200||INR 600|
CTET 2019 Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
CTET 2019 Admit Card will release on November 10, 2019 on the official website. Particulars on the admit card should match the details given on the confirmation page. Candidates are advised to check all details on the admit card for any discrepancies and report to the authority regarding any corrections.
- Visit official website of CTET i.e.nic.in
- Click on the tab “Admit Card”
- Enter Registration Number and Password
- Click on submit after verifying the details on it
- Download and print CTET 2019 Admit Card
CTET 2019 Admit Card is a necessary document to be brought to the exam hall along with a photo ID proof. ID proof may be any of the following:
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID Card
CTET 2019 Exam Centers
- During the filling of application form, candidates will be asked to fill in 3 preferences for exam centers.
- CTET 2019 provided candidates with centers possible at every major location of India.
- Exam center once allotted will not be changed under any circumstance. Given below are 110 CTET Exam Cities that candidates were to opt for:
CTET 2019 Exam Pattern
CTET exam consists of 2 papers – Paper 1 (Primary Stage) and Paper 2 (Elementary Stage)
- Paper 1 is for candidates who intend to become a teacher for classes 1 to 5.
- Paper 2 is for candidates who wish to teach students from classes 6 to 8.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark while negative marking scheme will not be applicable for the exam. Candidates can refer to the below table for CTET Exam Pattern highlights:
|Particulars||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Exam Mode||Offline (pen-paper based)||Offline (pen-paper based)|
|Duration||150 Minutes||150 Minutes|
|Section||5 (Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics, Environmental Studies)||4 (Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory), Language I (compulsory), Language II (compulsory), Mathematics and Science 60 MCQs 60 Marks (for Mathematics and Science teacher), Social Studies/Social Science)|
|No. of Question||150||150|
|Medium of exam||English and Hindi||English and Hindi|
CTET Previous Year Question Papers
The previous years’ question papers for CTET 2019 will help candidates to get a fair idea of the type of questions, marking scheme, nature of the exam and difficulty level. Till 2016, CTET was conducted in offline mode, however, it is speculated that from this year onwards, the exam will see some major changes and will go online completely.
CTET 2019 Syllabus
CTET Paper 1 is for aspirants of Primary Stage Teachers and Paper 2 is for aspirants of Elementary Stage Teachers. Candidates can also appear for both the papers.
- Paper 1 Syllabus comprises Child Development and Pedagogy.
- Wherein it focuses on educational psychology and teaching of children aged 6-11.
- Language section will contain comprehension, language development and unseen passages.
- Paper 2 Syllabus comprises 5 sections viz., Child Development and Pedagogy for children aged 11-14 years.
- Language 1, Language 2, Mathematics and Science and Social Science are other four sections.
- Language 1 and Language 2 will contain questions from comprehension and language development.
How to Check CTET 2019 Result?
- CTET Result for December 2019 will declare on the official website in the month of January, 2020.
- Answer Key for both the papers will be released before the declaration of the result.
- CTET Certificate is generated and sent by Speed Post to candidates securing more than 60% marks in the test.
Steps to Check CTET Result is as follows:
- Go to the official page of CTET i.e. ctet.net.in
- Search for the tab ‘CTET Result 2019’
- Click the link and enter the registration number and password (if required)
- The result will appear on the screen
- Download and print for future use.
CTET Eligibility Certificate is valid for 7 years from the date of result declaration for all category candidates. There is no limitation on the number of times one can apply for CTET. Candidates can re-appear for the exam to improve their scores. In case one loses their Mark Statement or Eligibility Certificate, they can get a duplicate copy by paying an amount of INR 200 in favor of Secretary, Central Board of Secondary Education payable at Delhi.
CTET Qualifying Marks
CTET Qualifying marks is the score that candidates must score in order to clear the exam. Only candidates who qualify the test will be awarded CTET Eligibility Certificate. The qualifying marks varies for different categories. Reserved category candidates are given 5% relaxation in the qualifying marks.
|Category||Qualifying Percentage||Qualifying Marks|
CTET Cut off is released after the declaration of results. Meanwhile, candidates can check the cut off for CTET 2019 July session:
CTET December 2019 Application Form, CTET Application & Registration Form 2019, CTET December 2019 Online Form Date Announced, CTET 2019 Notification (December), last date, online Application, CTET Application Form 2019…