Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam-2019 (Tier-I) – Apply Online for Various Posts
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019-20: Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. Every year thousands of vacancies are filled by SSC in Government departments. Govt. jobs are the most sought after career choice in India. More so, the government is focusing on providing better facilities, services in every aspect of our lives and the development of our country and to do that millions of Jobs will be created in the coming years. SSC is the leading Govt. organization that provides employment to lakhs of students in India. A great opportunity lies ahead for all the SSC aspirants.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) exam every year for recruitment in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL, 10+2) Exam for recruitment to various posts like:
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants(PA/SA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO).
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC).
- Court Clerk.
SSC CHSL 2019 Notification
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has released a short notice regarding SSC CHSL 2019-20 exam. The Official Notification for SSC CHSL 2019-20 will be released on 03rd December 2019 for the post of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Data Entry Operator(DEO) on 03rd December, 2019.
SSC CHSL 2019-20 Exam Dates
SSC has released the tentative exam schedule for the SSC CHSL 2019-20 exam. The Tier-1 computer based online exam will be conducted from 16th to 27th March,2020. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CHSL Exam 2019-20:
|SSC CHSL 2019-20 Notification||03rd December 2019|
|Online Application Starts from||03rd December 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||10th January 2020|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||March 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam||16th to 27th March,2020 (CBE)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 (Descriptive Paper)||29th September 2019(DES)|
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Date
The tentative schedule for the SSC CHSL 2019 exam is as follows. Please note down the important dates related to SSC CHSL Exam 2019 and make sure to complete the process in time.
|Online Application Starts from||05th March 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||05th April 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Admit Card||June 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier-1 Exam||01st July to 26th July 2019 (CBE)|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Admit Card||September|
|SSC CHSL Tier-2 Exam||29th September 2019(DES)|
SSC CHSL 2019 Online Application
The online application for SSC CHSL 2019 exam will start on 3rd December, 2019. The last date to apply online SSC CHSL 2019 Exam is 10th January, 2020
SSC CHSL Application Fee
- The required application fee is Rs. 100/–
- Exemption: No fee is required to be paid by female, SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen candidates
- Applications fee should be pay only through SBI either in the form of challan or through SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
- To pay fee in cash, candidate should take print out of challan generated online after the completion of Part-1 registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the Part-2 registration
- Those candidates who want to pay online can go directly to part-2 registration after completion of part-1 registration. Candidate must supply registration number and date of birth to continue to Part-2 registration
SSC CHSL Salary: Pay Scale
|Post Name||Pay Scale|
|LDC/ JSA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs.1900 (pre-revised)|
|PA/ SA||Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised)|
SSC CHSL Vacancy
The total number of vacancies for SSC CHSL 2019-20 exam will be released, once the notification has been released for the same. Recently, SSC has released a notice regarding SSC CHSL 2018-19 Vacancy. As per the latest notice, SSC has introduced 5789 vacancies for 2018-19 Exam. The Post wise vacancy are mentioned below:
|LDC/ JSA||1855 Vacancies|
|PA/ SA||3880 Vacancies|
SSC CHSL Recruitment 2019
The SSC CHSL exam is held in 3 stages called (Tiers). While the first one is online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CHSL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CHSL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) start conducting the Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) in three levels for various posts:
|Tier – I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based (online)|
|Tier – II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper mod|
|Tier – III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Wherever Applicable|
Before beginning the SSC CHSL preparation, it is important to make note of changes in exam pattern and syllabus. The modifications to SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2019 are given below::
- SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 exam will be conducted in online mode.
- Introduction of a descriptive paper of 100 marks within 60 minutes in pen and paper mode.
- Reduction in time limit for examination of Tier -I from 75 minutes to 60 minutes.
- Tier III will remain same.
- No Sectional Cut off.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2019
Since the SSC CHSL is comprised of 3 different levels, we must deal with their syllabus independently.
This is an objective exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 1 exam of SSC CHSL 2019, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|3||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|4||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
SSC CHSL Tier 1 Syllabus
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Quantitative Ability||English Language||General Awareness|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension||History|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test||Culture|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Allegations||Para jumbles||Geography|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Miscellaneous||Economic Scene|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks||General Policy|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Multiple Meaning/Error Spotting||Scientific Research|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion||Awards and Honors|
|Tabulation||Data Interpretation||One Word Substitution||Books and Authors|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage||Active/Passive Voice|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding Decoding||Permutation, Combination &Probability|
- There is negative marking in SSC CHSL 2019 Tier 1 Exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CHSL Tier 2 Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/Application writing of approximately 150-200 words. The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent. The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
- The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
- The questions are based on 10 level.
- The exam is qualifying in nature.
- Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
- The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.
SSC CHSL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
The Tier 3 of SSC CHSl Exam 2019 comprises of a couple of skill tests which are required for certain government posts.
Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO):
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer.
- The duration of the Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes .
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant LDCs and Court Clerks:
- Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
Note: After skill test or typing test, those candidates who qualify it, will be appointed based on their position in the merit list.
SSC CHSL Eligibility Criteria
There are 3 important criteria which a candidate must fulfill in order to be eligible for the SSC CHSL 2019. The 3 parameters are given below:
- Citizenship:Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit:Age limit for the posts is 18-27 years as on 01-08-2019 (i.e. Candidates born not before 02-08-1992 and not later than 01-08-2001).
- Educational Qualification:
For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG):The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG):12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SSC CHSL 2019 Admit Card
Every candidate who registers for SSC CHSL Exam 2019 within stipulated time will be assigned an e-admit card/hall ticket/call letter that can be downloaded from the official website of SSC. The admit card for the CHSL Tier-1 exam will be released first followed by the admit card of CHSL Tier-2 exam (administered to only those candidates who qualify for Tier 1 exam).
More information and the download link for the admit card will be displayed post the release of the official notification for SSC CHSL 2019. Candidates are advised to keep checking this page for updates.
SSC CHSL Cut Off
To get an insight into SSC CHSL Cut-Off 2019, we must have an idea about previous years cut-off. Have a look at the cut-off for SSC CHSL Tier I Exam 2017-18:
SSC CHSL 2017-18 TIER- 1 Cut-Off:
SSC CHSL 2019: SSC CHSL Notification | SSC CHSL Exam, SSC CHSL 2019-20 Notification short Notice Out, SSC CHSL 2019 Notification, Exam Dates, Registration, SSC CHSL 2019 Notification – Entrance Exam, SSC CHSL Latest Syllabus & Exam Pattern, SSC CHSL 2019: SSC CHSL Notification | SSC CHSL Exam, SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online…