CDS 2019: Application form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
CDS Exam 2019 Notification – UPSC has released the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination II 2019 (CDS Exam II 2019). UPSC CDS Exam 2019 (II) is held for recruiting candidates for course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers training Academy. The CDS exam is conducted twice in a year. The candidates willing to apply for CDS Exam 2019 can apply for the post through the official site of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
CDS Exam (II) 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Below is the CDS eligibility criteria for all the aspirants of UPSC CDS Exam. Check the UPSC CDS Exam 2019 Eligibility below before blindly going for registration.
Nationality: A candidates must either be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently setting in India, or
- a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt of India
- Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal
- A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him/her by the Govt. before declaration of result by UPSC.
CDS Age Limit, Sex & Marital Status
- For IMA – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1996 and not later than 01st July 2001 only are eligible
- For Indian Naval Academy – Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd July 1996 and not later than 01st July 2001 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy – 20 to 24 years as on 01st July 2020 i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1996 and not later than 01st July 2000 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born not earlier than 02nd July 1994 and not later than 01st July 2000) only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men) Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 02nd July 1995 and not later than 01st July 2001 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible; they should have been born not earlier than 02nd July 1995 and not later than 01st July 2001.
Note: Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA/OTA, Chennai courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution
- For Air Force Academy – Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block III, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
- in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106 in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled:
Physical Standards (CDS Eligibility)
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination (2), 2019 as per guidelines given in Appendix-IV
CDS Exam 2019 Fee Details
- Candidates (accepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card
- Applicants who opt for “Pay by Cash” mode should print the system generated Pay in-slip during Part-II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only
- The candidates will be provided admission to INA, IMA, Air Force Academy, and Officers’ Training Academy through Written Examination, Personality Test and Interview
- The candidates will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written examination and in the SSB tests. The final selection will be made in order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of vacancies available
CDS Exam Pattern
The Competitive examination comprises:
(a) Written examination as shown in para 2 below
(b) Interview for intelligence and personality test of such candidates as may be called for interview at one of the Services Selection Centres
- The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows:
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
- English – Duration: 2 Hours & Maximum Marks 100
- General – Duration: Knowledge 2 Hours; & Maximum Marks 100
- Elementary – Duration: Mathematics 2 Hours; & Maximum Marks 100
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
- English – Duration: 2 Hours & Maximum Marks 100
- General Knowledge – Duration: Knowledge 2 Hours; & Maximum Marks 100
- Maximum marks allotted to the written exam and to the interviews will be equal for each course i.e. the maximum marks allotted to the written exam and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers’ Training Academy respectively
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers (Test Booklets) of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English
- In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set
Exam Centers for UPSC CDS 2019
- The UPSC CDS examination will be conducted in various cities:
- The Exam will be held at the following Centres: Agartala, Gangtok, Panaji (Goa), Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Patna, Aizawl, Imphal, Port Blair, Allahabad, Itanagar, Raipur, Bangalore, Jaipur, Ranchi, Bareilly, Jammu, Sambalpur, Bhopal, Jorhat, Shillong, Chandigarh, Kochi, Shimla, Chennai, Kohima, Srinagar, Cuttack, Kohima, Srinagar, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram, Dehradun, Lucknow, Delhi, Madurai, Tirupati, Dharwar, Mumbai, Udaipur, Dispur, Nagpur, Vishakhapatnam
- Applicants should note that there would be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkatta and Nagpur
CDS Admit Card (UPSC CDS 2 Exam)
- After the application forms have been filled and submitted the admit cards will be issued on the scheduled date. The admit card will be available on the official website upsc.gov.in
- The admit cards will not be sent by post. Candidates will have to take a print of the admit card and bring it with them at the time of examination. To download the admit card, candidates have to enter details such as RID and date of birth or roll number. Candidates can check the links to get full information regarding the admit card.
UPSC CDS Exam 2019 Registration Procedure
- Candidates are required to apply online only using the link upsconline.nic.in click here to apply
- The applicants are advised to submit only single application, however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID (Registration ID) is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.
- The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID (Registration ID) shall be entertained by the commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Candidates are not required to submit alongwith their applications any certificate in support of their claims regarding age, educational qualifications, SC/ST/OBC and fee remission etc.
- The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website upsc.gov.infor downloading by candidates. No admission certificate will be sent by post
- Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over telephone 011-2338527/011-23381125/011-23098543
CDS Exam 2019 (II) Notification, Registration, exam date, CDS 2019: Application form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, CDS 2019 I & II Exam Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, CDS Exam (I) 2019 Eligibility, Exam Pattern and Detailed Syllabus, CDS II 2019 Notification and Exam Date, CDS 2019: UPSC CDS 2 2019 Notification Out, Apply Online…