AFCAT 2018: Exam Date, Syllabus, Application, Results, Admit Card
Dear candidates, here SBP would like to inform you the most recently declared AFCAT. This is the opportunity for the candidates who are preparing for AFCAT. So candidates don’t waste your time and Join India’s no.1 institute for your thoroughly preparation. Here we have implacable strategy for selection. History has been made of giving highest no. of selection in AFCAT by SBP institute. So candidates start your career with India’s no.1 institute.
Our salient features-
You have watched many of the institutions and most probably some of them would be really up to the standard of your imagination. In this case we want to assure you that SBP will prove itself one of the institutions.
In this age of cut throat competition SBP maintains its dignity.
We have 13 years’ experience in the field of competition.
We have highly qualified faculty with 13 years’ experience of teaching.
We maintain 35-40 strength in class room so that faculty could give proper attention to each student.
Congenial and competitive environment at SBP provides exposure to the students where we focus on personality development.
For centers where the AFCAT 01 2018 exams got cancelled, the re-exam dates have been released. The new exam dates are 24th and 25th March 2018. The admit cards have been uploaded on 15th March 2018.
Due to some technical errors, AFCAT 01 2018 exam got cancelled at some exam centers. New Exam dates along with a new admit card will be issued to such candidates.
AFCAT 2018 (1) registrations are open now. AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test) is a recruitment examination organized by the Indian Air Force (IAF). The examination is held twice a year in the months of February and August, applications to which are made available in December and June respectively. AFCAT 2018 Examination can be taken by both Male and Female Candidates who have completed their Graduation.
AFCAT is officer recruitment gateway in 3 branches of Air Force – Flying Branch (Short Service Commission only), Technical branch (Permanent & Short Service Commission) and Ground Duty Branch (Permanent & Short Service Commission).
What’s New in AFCAT 2018?
- NCC Special Entry (Flying) & Meteorology Branch: This year’s AFCAT examination will also be used to recruit NCC Special Entry into flying branch and Meteorology branch under the Ground Duty section.
- Aadhar Card: From 2018 onwards, Aadhar card has been made mandatory for AFCAT application.
- Mode of Answering: From this year onwards, the written test will becomputer-based test (CBT)e. candidates will have to use mouse to report answers on a computer screen.
- Application Fee: AFCAT 2018 will not be free of cost, rather an application fee of 250shall be taken as application fee.
- Scanned Signature & Thumb Impression: Unlike the previous years, candidates must upload their scanned signature and thumb impression (left-hand thumb impression for male and right-hand thumb impression for female) this time.
- Age Limit: Unlike the previous year, this year the age will be measured as on 1st Jan rather than 1st July 2018.
Difference between AFCAT and CDS
- AFCAT is different from CDS in the sense that CDS examination offers recruitment to all the three military forces while AFCAT examination is specifically meant for the recruitment of Air Force Officers only.
- Through AFCAT, officers are recruited in 3 branches of Air Force – Flying Branch (Short Service Commission only), Technical branch (Permanent & Short Service Commission) and Ground Duty Branch (Permanent & Short Service Commission). However, the CDS exam is only meant for recruiting Flying Officer for Permanent Commission.
AFCAT 2018 Important Dates
AFCAT 01 2018 (Announced)
|Release of Notification for AFCAT 2018 (I)||16th December 2017|
|Submission of Online Applications||20th Dec 2017 (6:00 PM IST) – 23rd Jan 2018 (extended)|
|AFCAT 01 2018 Admit Cards||9th Feb 2018 (Postponed)|
|AFCAT 2018 (1) Exam Date||25th February 2018|
|AFCAT 01 2018 Result Declaration||1st week of April 2018|
AFCAT 02 2018 (Tentative)
|Release of official Notification for AFCAT 02 2018||1st week of June 2018|
|Submission of AFCAT 02 2018 Online Application||1st week – last week of June 2018|
|Publication of Admit Cards||Last week of July 2018|
|Exam Date of AFCAT 02 2018||Last week of August 2018|
|AFCAT 02 2018 Result Declaration||1st week of October 2018|
AFCAT 2018 Vacancies
Currently, no information regarding AFCAT 2018 vacancies has been released. Stay tuned for more information in future.
Language of Examination
AFCAT 2018 (both 1 and 2) exam will be conducted in both English and Hindi languages.
Mode of Answering
From AFCAT 2018 onwards, a computer-based test will be used as mode of answering.
AFCAT 2 2018 will be held in the 4th week of August 2018 tentatively.
AFCAT 2018 Eligibility
Only Indian citizens can apply for the examination.
Flying Branch (Short Service Commission) & NCC Special Entry
- Secured 60% marks each in Physics and Maths in 12thor Equivalent Exam from a recognized board. Secured 60% marks in Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Secured 60% marks in their B.E. or B.TechDegree from a recognized University.
- Secured 60% marks in A and B Examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University.
In case of NCC, candidates must have acquired NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate on or after 15 December 2015 apart from the above specified criteria.
Candidate should be aged between 20 and 24 years as on 1st Jan 2019. Therefore, candidates must have been born after 2nd Jan 1995 and before 1st Jan 1999.
Upper age relaxation will be 2 years for Candidates with a valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India).
Ground Duty (Technical) (Both Short Service Commission and Permanent Commission)
The technical branch of AFCAT 2018 has two subcategories based on candidate’s graduation discipline:
Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)
Applicants must possess a minimum of 60% marks in both Mathematics and Physics in 12th or equivalent exams. Also, the candidate must have passed a minimum 4-year degree (Graduation/PG/Integrated) in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university.
Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual study with at least 60% marks. List of accepted disciplines has been published in the official notification.
Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanics)
Same as Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) except for the disciplines accepted (Check the notification for accepted disciplines).
Age should be between 20 and 26 years as on 1st Jan 2019. Therefore, an eligible applicant’s DOB can fall in between 2nd Jan 1993 and 1st Jan 1999 (both inclusive).
Ground Branch (Non-Technical)
Administration & Logistics
A graduate from a recognized university with a minimum 60% marks as aggregate in any discipline.
Passed Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India with 60% aggregate marks (at least) from a recognized university.
Holding a B.Com degree with at least 60% aggregate marks.
A degree of MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defence Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation with minimum 50% aggregate (2 years program atleast). Along with this, candidate must have scored 60% marks in graduation.
For Integrated degrees, minimum 50% marks in all paper put together is acceptable.
Aged between 20 and 26 years measured on 1st July 2019.
Candidates below the age of 25 years should be unmarried (windows & divorcee are also ineligible) at the time of course commencement i.e. January 2019.
Married candidates above 25 years of age are permitted.
Candidate must be in possession of Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/Mathematics/Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/Applied Physics/ Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology &
Environment /Geo-physics/Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each).
Final Year Candidates
Final Year candidates can apply for the examination provided the applicant should not have any present backlog and must have secured minimum 60% marks up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared.
Also, candidate must be able to present the proof of passing the degree by 15th November 2018.
AFCAT 2018 Application Form
AFCAT 1 2018 registrations are closed now.
AFCAT 2 2018 applications shall be made available in the 1st week of June 2018.
Photograph and Signature Specifications
- Colored passport sized scanned photograph – 10KB-50KB – JPEG/JPG format.
- Scanned Signature – 10KB-50KB – JPEG/JPG format.
- Thumb Impression (left thumb for male candidates and right thumb for female candidates) – 10KB-50KB – JPEG/JPG format.
AFCAT 2018 Fee
For the first time, an application fee of Rs. 250 will be applicable for AFCAT 2018.
Application fee can be paid by either of the following methods:
- Credit/Debit Card.
- Challan payable at Axis Bank or HDFC Bank.
- Net Banking.
The given application fee is not to be paid by candidates applying for Meteorology and NCC Special Entry.
Steps of Applying
Following major steps are involved in AFCAT 01 2018 application form:
- Candidate Registration.
- Application form filling.
- Uploading the documents.
- City Selection.
- Payment of application form fee.
AFCAT 2018 Admit Card
- AFCAT 2018 Admit Card will be available on AFCAT 2018 website from 9th Feb 2018 (Postponed).The Candidates must take a print out of the Admit Card, as no Hard Copy of the same would be sent via post.
- It is mandatory to carry the Admit Card at the time of exam along with other identity proofs like Aadhar Card, Voter Card, Driving Licence, etc., without which the applicants would not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Link for downloading the admit card will be uploaded soon.
AFCAT 2018 Exam Pattern
AFCAT 2018 (both 1 & 2) Examination has two stages of selection—Written Examination and SSB Interview.
In Addition to the above two tests, Candidates will have to go through:
- An EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test) stage if they are applying for Ground Duty (Technical) Branch.
- A PABT (Pilot Aptitude Battery Test) stage if they are applying for Flying Branch.
|Particulars||AFCAT Written Exam||EKT Test (For Technical Ground Duty only)||SSB Interviews|
|No of Questions||100 questions.||50 questions||–|
|Marking Scheme||3 marks for the correct answer.
-1 mark for wrong answer
|3 marks for the correct answer.
-1 mark for the wrong answer
|Total Marks||300 marks||150 marks||–|
|Subject/Sections||· General Awareness.
· Verbal Ability.
· Quantitative Ability.
· Logical Reasoning.
· Military Aptitude Test.
|Engineering Discipline related subjects||· Phase I testing – Officers Intelligence Rating Test & Picture Perception and Discussion test
· CPSS / PABT * (for Flying Branch)
· Psychological test
· Group tests / Interview
|Mode of Answering||Pen/Paper Mode (OMR sheets)||Pen/Paper Mode (OMR sheets)||–|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type/ MCQs||Objective Type/MCQs||–|
Written Exam Pattern
The AFCAT 2018 (both 1 & 2) written exam constitutes the 1 step of IAF recruitments. It is a 2-hour long objective type test with 100 questions in total. For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded 3 marks.
There is no division of sections as such but the paper will comprise of questions from the following topics:
- General Awareness
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Military Aptitude Test
1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Staff Selection Board (SSB) Interviews
On clearing the written examination, the candidates will receive a call letter inviting them for the SSB (Staff Selection Board) Interviews. The SSB interviews involve the following 2 Stages:
Stage-I involves the following 2 tests:
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test
Qualifying candidates will move to the Stage-II of the SSB Interview.
Stage-II involves the following 3 tests:
- Psychology Test: Written Exam
- Group Test: Combination of Indoor and Outdoor Activities
EKT Exam Pattern
EKT or Engineering Knowledge Test is a meant for testing candidate’s engineering knowledge (as the name explains). The test is compulsory for candidates applying for Technical Ground Duty branch.
The EKT test will take place just after the AFCAT 2018 exam. It is a 45-minutes long test with 50 questions. Each correct answer is given 3 marks while 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
AFCAT 2018 Syllabus
AFCAT 2018 Results
- AFCAT 01 2018 results will be tentatively declared in the 1st week of April 2018.
- AFCAT 02 2018 results shall be out by the 1stweek of October 2018.
- The candidates qualifying in the written examination will be allowed to appear for the SSB Interviews.
- Candidates will be provided nearly 15 days to select a venue for SSB interviews out of 6 AFSB centers.
AFCAT 2017 Cut Off
|AFCAT Written Exam||150/300|
AFCAT 2018: Exam Date, Application, Results, Admit Card, No.1 Institute for AFCAT in South Delhi, Top 10 Coaching Classes for AFCAT in Delhi, Best Coaching for AFCAT in Delhi, AFCAT Coaching Classes, AFCAT Coaching Institute, AFCAT Notification 2018, AFCAT Preparation 2018, AFCAT Test Paper 2018, AFCAT Syllabus 2018, AFCAT Course 2018, AFCAT Exam Pattern 2018, AFCAT 2018 Best Coaching Institute in Delhi.